Slugs are becoming an ever-greater threat to gardeners with the recent appearance of species such as the Spanish Slug. Zembra (www.zembragroup.com)has developed Zlug®, a new natural slug barrier to combat the damage caused by slugs in the garden and in crop fields. The effectiveness of the product, which is fully biodegradable, was shown in trials at the John Innes Centre near Norwich. It acts as a barrier to deter slugs and snails from eating plants, and is safe for pets, birds and children. Zlug® is available in 6L bags from Amazon and soon in other UK retailers.
- Blended mixture of aromatic plants designed as a natural barrier for slugs and snails.
- Contains 100% natural, safe and sustainable ingredients, with no other chemical additives.
- Proven to be effective against the damage caused by slugs and snails through research and development carried out at the John Innes Centre.
- Fully biodegradable, acts as a soil conditioning mulch.
- Friendly to earthworms. Proven by testing at the John Innes Centre, where no adverse effects were seen.
- Shelf life in unopened bags of no less than one year.
- Applied as a top dressing around plants or tubs.
- The photograph below shows how effective Zlug® can be when snails were presented with a choice of food, with one source protected by Zlug®.